Monday, March 25, 2013

top of the morning

good breakfasts always make me giddy.

perfect way to start a day, and almost like the possibilities are endless.

muesli. omelettes. bacon. sausages. hash browns. tocino. tapa. congee. nasi lemak. croissants. music to my ears.

a few glasses of mimosas are welcome.

there's a reason why breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. i actually sacrifice a few hours of my sleep just so i can wake up early for breakfast. true story.

and how i wish i can wake up everyday in Istanbul.

there they have Kale Cafe in Rumelihisari. from Taksim Square, it would take roughly 30 minutes bus ride. but it is worth the travel. and the scenery en route to the cafe is not bad either.






it is by the Bosphorus river, spectacular view! also you'll find the bridge connecting europe to asia, which is really cool. i can sit there all day. and eat there all day, too.



Let me introduce you to the traditional Turkish breakfast. possibly the best breakfast ive had in my life, by far. sure i enjoy the occasional longganiza meal in jollibee, or my daing na bangus in pancake house, but this is something else. 

the traditional Turkish breakfast consists of bread, and a lot of it, olives,tomatoes and cucumbers, cheese, and in our case fried cheese, sucuklu yumurta (turkish dried sausage cooked with eggs), and the kaymak (turkish version of clotted cream) with honey. all these with your glass of turkish tea. 

oh this is making me hungry just by writing about it!





this heavenly kaymak with honey is the highlight of this gorgeous meal. okay, i've stared at it's photo for too long now, it's making my mouth dry.

stop it. stop staring.

going on. the breakfast here was too good that my sister and i had to come back the next day, and didn't mind the travel time! so what if we had to starve ourselves a little more just to get to this?

this is reason enough for me to fly back to istanbul!

there's a few turkish restaurants here in dubai, ill pop by one of these days. would save me the miles.

for now, ill go back to staring at these photos.





No comments: