Thursday, March 28, 2013

Brunch-love

it's like i was taken to San Francisco. although ive never been to San Francisco ( i just had to take my sister's word for it ).

the space. the light. the decor. the feel.

the smell of food.

wildflour cafe and bakery at 4th ave corner 26th street, fort.

my first time there and instantly i knew it can be a place i can go back to. and i haven't even tried the food yet!



i started with their chai latte (in soy milk). personally, i want my tea to have a stronger tea-taste, like the typical indian chai. this one is a bit too light for me, still it was nice.



finally my sister had arrived, and we were ready to order. the server recommended the roasted garlic knot for our starter, and we're glad that we listened 'cause it was divine! i love garlic to death (don't mind the garlic breath!), and the bread is just perfect.


the roasted bone marrow with mango salsa and ciabatta was temptation on a plate, but i told myself ill have it next time. im so sure there will be a next time. then our mains came in.

i managed to convince my sister to order the steak and eggs in kimchi fried rice for her, she can't really say no to me. it looked so good, i had to try it!


of course, all i wanted to have is their best seller, the croque madame. i had to try it to believe. with how it looks, how can it disappoint? 


im biased when it comes to eggs. eggs to me are like sunshine on a plate, and they look like it too. they make me so happy. probably one of the reasons i love breakfasts so much. eggs. 

it was just the right combination of ham, gruyere and the fried egg. yum. im not sure if it was bearnaise or hollandaise sauce, im having trouble differentiating the two. anyone is welcome to correct me. but whatever that sauce was, it was just right.

beautiful. it was exactly how i imagined it to be. it was as beautiful as it sounds. croque madame.

the icing on the cake is they serve cocktails!



any place that serves strawberry bellinis and mimosas for brunch is good in my books. way to start the day!

as if we didn't get enough of everything, we had to end our delightful meal with their tiramisu creme brulee with espresso ice cream. 


and we were happy that we forced ourselves to make room for this decadence. i just want to mention it now before we start a relationship, i am not a desserts person. don't hate me for that. let this be my disclaimer. savoury dishes would be my first love. but this one made me smile.

there's those chosen few that put a smile on my face and make me wanna be a sweet tooth. like Calea's desserts. or Aristocrat's torta delos reyes. or Dumaguete's sans rival. or my chef-soon-to-be-mom-in-law's sans rival and carrot cake. and my ultimate weakness, Magnolia bakery's red velvet cupcakes. soon all to be featured in my blog. dreading the calories already.

for now, have a great weekend! perfect time to indulge on gastronomical delights. correction, any day is the perfect time to indulge. 

bon appetit!

happy easter.






No comments: