Sunday, June 16, 2013

ramen. bulgogi. paella.

basically, this is me sulking for losing my camera.

it's been weeks since my last post, and it's not because i haven't been busy stuffing myself with blog-worthy grub, my appetite's been pretty busy. my jeans can attest to that. i, too, have been busy kicking myself in the head a few times too many, losing photos of what i can potentially share to my oh-so-many-readers. enough with the self-loathing.

moving on. 

i finally had a taste of the famous Hokkaido Ramen Santouka (G/F Glorietta 4 Mall, Makati). getting a table was pure luck.  i had the Kara-miso ramen (spicy), my sister, the Shio ramen (salt flavor). then some roasted pork, pork gyoza and boiled egg on the side. we were hungry.



the soup was flavorful. just the right amount of spice. i could go for spicier, but that's what the chili powder on the table was for. the pork slices were tender. and the noodles were firm and just right. spicy ramen on a rainy night in manila. two thumbs up.

then there's this new korean barbecue place in Greenbelt 5 Makati, Bulgogi Brothers. not the authentic kind, more of a franchised, mainstream kind. for the life of me, i can't remember the name of which barbecue we had. first was spareribs and the second was pork. lame journalism, i know. if you call this journalism. either way, id stick to my authentic korean restaurants.





had a Spanish brunch with my sister and her boyfriend at Terry's (Salcedo Village G/F One Lafayette Sqaure, Makati). in my moment of third wheeling, i tried the Gambas Al Ajillo and Chorizo Iberico for starters, then the majestic Super-Paella Parellada. Claims it's from an original recipe from Barcelona and might as well be the most recommended in their menu.



paired with a good glass of wine at 11 in the morning, it was like teleporting to spain. i have to admit, the paella at Terry's was close to the ones i've tried in Barcelona, with regards to the taste and it's spices. although my only concern was it didn't use fresh shrimps (same with their gambas). they were tasty and all, and maybe to another it may be just the right kind of freshness. for me it was frozen shrimps fresh from the bag.

i refuse to end my post about frozen shrimps, so let me say i will definitely come back to Terry's, for its' chorizo iberico and wine that i enjoyed. and to try their risotto and jamon serrano that my sister told me about. all in all, it was a great day of eating, drinking (and third wheeling) that ended with a heavenly slice of Flan de la Abuela.

id like to thank my iphone4 and my sister's, for the photos in this blog. back to kicking myself in the head. 


No comments: